Mig crash
1210
2003-10-14 12:50:13 UTC
From: Geoff Russell (***@hawkesbury.uws.EDU.AU)
Subject: Crash of a MiG-15
This is the only article in this thread
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military
Date: 1993-03-14 16:24:55 PST

Sadly I report the fatal crash of a privately owned two-seat MiG-15 on
Saturday afternoon at Canberra, Australia. As far as I know, the MiG was
at Canberra to participate in an air show. Videotape shown on local news
showed the MiG in a rapid descent, possibly an engine failure, and the
aircraft was totally destroyed on impact with the loss of both crew members.

Geoff Russell
University of Western Sydney, Hawkesbury,
Richmond, New South Wales,
AUSTRALIA
G Hutch
2003-10-15 23:02:18 UTC
Yeah that was election day back in 1993.
I was there at Narrabundah ball park
I still have a piece of the perspex somewhere.
Greg H
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military